Price: Varies (depending on specific model)
Type: Lipless Crankbait
Sizes: 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 3/4 oz.
Depth: 7 to 20 feet
Hook Size: Varies (depending of size of bait)
Hook Type: Premium VMC® Vanadium Cone Cut hooks
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10 Must Have!
The Orange Craw is one of my favorite colors. Woidrandfest Bass love to eat crawfish! And this imitates the crawfish colors.
This bait was designed by Strike King with the advice and requests of Kevin Van Dam (“KVD”). For those who don’t know KVD (note the lure’s name typically includes his initials), he’s a 7-time Toyota Tundra Angler of the Year, 4-time Bassmaster Getting Classic Champion, and the first-ever Outdoorsman of the Year, winning the ESPY trophy televised on cheap jerseys ESPN. often described as the “#1 Angler in the World.” So when he endorses a bait, you know it’s a winner!
I first bought this bait after visiting my local BassPro shop, and spoke with a young man about not bing able to catch the bass I could see cruising the shore.
This lipless crank bait caught a nice bass on my first cast! And another on the second after I unstuck it from a rock, where I actually watched the wholesale mlb jerseys bass zoom up out of the depths to eat it after I pulled it free!
Before this bait, I was primarily a worm How fisherman. I still love worms, but I now use this bait about 60% of the time. Because it can cover huge distances.
Here’s my summary:
- Casts like a bullet! You can cover lots of water with this bait.
- Can be fished in a variety Pig of ways: simply reel it in, jerk it, yo-yo it. (Check out KVD video)
- Great hooks that the fish stick themselves onto.
- Variety of colors for any condition.
- Can be fished very deep or near the top.
- Fish will rise up to grab it.
- These have rattles (other versions are “silent”) to attract bass.
- The profile has been designed to move water to fool bass.
As you can see, I really like this lure! I recommend you get one, or more! Once you start using it, you won’t want to be caught without one!
Here’s the master (and to co-designer), Kevin Van Dam on how to fish this lure.
Post your own awesome results!